African dishes are becoming part and parcel of most kitchens in the world nowadays. Koki and Ripe Plantain is a typical African dish. It is a dish so abundant in the various food nutrients. This traditional dish has become so popular that it is now eaten in many countries of the world because of its richness. The main ingredients used to prepare a tasty Koki and Ripe Plantain dish are,
- koki beans
- ripe plantains
- red palm oil
- tender cocoyam leaves
- pepper for those who eat pepper.
This video shows us the ingredients to prepare a good dish of Koki and Ripe Plantains. Subscribe and share with friends.
- The beans and tender coco-yam leaves are harvested from the farm or bought from the market or store. All the other ingredients are gotten from the store. Spinach can be used where cocoyam leaves are not accessible.
- Soak the full beans grains for about 2 to 3 hours and wash. If crushed, soak and wash immediately.
- Slice the tender cocoyam leaves.
- Grind the beans after washing.
- Put the paste in a mortar, add a bit of salt and magi and stir or beat it for about three to four minutes.
- Add salt and magi to taste. Stir again for some time until it rises and almost double the quantity.
- Add the cocoyam leaves, and then it is ready to tie in bundles.
- Add red palm oil in each bundle before tying.
- Put in a sizable pot, add water and steam for about 45 mins to one hour.
- After grinding blend the paste very well. Add enough water and then all the ingredients in a bowl and mix together.
- Tie in bundles and steam in a sizable pot.
Some Health Benefits of Koki and Rip Plantains