My COVID-19 Pentecost Quarantine Mass Experience
Very early, at about 5:30 AM that morning, I got up, hurried with my morning chores, and got myself ready. I never wanted to miss any bit of the Mass. This quarantine style of Mass with my Bishop on Pentecost 2020 was the first of its kind in my life as a Christian. As compared to the past, I would follow a one-week Pentecost revival program which usually ends with a big Pentecost Mass. This time instead, my Bishop was on TV with a multitude of Christians watching all over the world. It made me believe that “With God everything is possible”. I preferred the screen in the basement because it was the largest in our home. I started following the Mass deeply as though I was in Church with no knowledge that my daughter was observing me and taking some photos with her cell phone.
After the Penitential Rite and the proclamation of the word, came the invocation of the Holy Spirit in a song by the singing minister. As I kneel listening keenly and reflecting on the lyrics of the song, I could feel the presence of the Holy Spirit right in me. Then I prayed to ask the Holy Spirit to also touch my family, friends, and Christians all over the world, who are having the same quarantine experience as I do, and bring a powerful solution to the crisis brought upon human beings by the CoronaVirus.
The Bishop proceeds with a very lively sermon filled with the spirit of Pentecost. He invites everyone to be open and receive the sanctifying grace of the Holy Spirit as of the first Pentecost for the renewal of the whole world. I was filled with awe as I sat listening to his heart-searching sermon.
The beautiful ending of the Bishop’s sermon, “COME HOLY SPIRIT! COME HOLY SPIRIT! COME HOLY SPIRIT!”, was another spirit-filled and touching moment. It was like the Bishop just pulled the Holy Spirit out from heaven to earth and I felt His powerful presence in the room.
Kneeling before the altar at Consecration. as I see through the TV, I surrendered myself, my family, and the whole world to the Holy Spirit. As I followed the Eucharistic Prayer, I was touched that much was being said about the Holy Spirit that I understood more than before.
Then came the moment of Spiritual Communion when I recited the prayer with passion, opening the door of my heart to let Him enter, as the Bible says “Behold I stand at the door and knock, if anyone hears my voice and opens the door, then I will come into him and will dine with him, and he with me”. Rev 3:20
During Announcements, I decided to celebrate Pentecost with my Bishop in this way. At the end of the Mass, the announcements made by the Bishop were filled with good news. He told Christians how gradually the Churches are going to open their doors again for Christian worship as a community. I remember that one of the definitions of the Church is “A Community of Christians” and not individual Christians in their homes.
Though Christians were not in Church physically, they were Spiritual as I could see the Bishop blessing us as he exited the physically empty Church. A song came to my mind that says, “One thing I ask of the Lord, one thing I long to live in the house of God every day of my life”. Yes, this longing eats me up, and I thought that surely every true Christian at this moment of the pandemic when the Church’s doors are physically closed.
I prayed and said that so long as the Spirit lives and moves and renews the face of the earth, so will Mother Earth continue to produce her fruits and take care of her upspring, even though she mourns and groans, waiting for the right moment that she will open her mouth and swallow the ugly Coronavirus, leaving no trace of it, as the Bible says, “The earth helped the woman, and the earth opened its mouth and swallowed up the river which the dragon spewed out of his mouth”. (Rev. 12:16)
I thought, why do we have to go through all this quarantine thing? The blame is all on the devilish pandemic. But, I also remembered, “Nothing can separate us from the love of God”, not even the ugly Coronavirus for “… in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loves us”(Rom. 8:35-37). I keep trusting in God.
- Responsorial Psalm, Alleluia And Gospel For 27th Sunday in Ordinary Time, Year A
- Responsorial Psalm, Alleliua And Gospel For 26th Sunday in Ordinary Time, Year A
- Responsorial Psalm, Alleluia And Gospel For 25th Sunday In Ordinary Time Year A
- Responsorial Psalm, Alleluia And Gospel For Twenty-fourth Sunday in Ordinary Time, Year A
- Responsorial Psalm, Alleluia And Gospel For Twenty-third Sunday in Ordinary Time, Year A
- A Recapitulation On Nkwen Language
- Addition, Subtraction, Multiplication, and Division for Elementary School Kids
- Aspects Of The English Language
- Audio Visual Version Of The Nkwen Language Handbook
- Basic Mathematics
- Blog Jesus My Lord And My God
- Categories List
- Check Out Page
- Christ The Source And Summit Of A Christian’s Life
- Comfortable School Attire for Kids – Dressing for Success In School
- Education For All E-Books Store
- Education For All Video Playlist
- Enhancing Productivity and Comfort: The Importance of Study Tables and Chairs for Students
- Enhancing The Learning Environment In The Classroom
- Essential Items to Make Your Summer at Home Enjoyable
- Forms Of Poems
- Fueling Young Minds: The Importance of Fresh and Healthy Snacks in Schools
- General Education For All And Entertainment Store
- General Education For All Content Page Content Page
- General Knowledge Revision Quiz On History, Geography, and Sciences for kids 4 through 12
- General Knowledge Revision Video Playlist. General Knowledge Quizzes for Elementary Scholars.
- Gospel Readings in Nkwen Language For Year B
- Great Things That Matter For All.
- Importance And Qualities of Good Backpacks For Kids, Teenagers, Men And Women
- Importance Of Apps in Today’s Social Living
- Importance Of Educational Games for Grades K-12 – Enhancing Learning With Educational Games
- Important Back-to-school Supplies Guidelines For Parents Of Grades K-8
- Important Information And Communication Technology – ICT – Tools For Students In Elementary And Middle Schools.
- Inspired Writings and Formation Talks
- Inspiring Stories About Life
- Music Album And My Mix
- Must-Have Computer Accessories for Every Household
- My account
- My Family Portfolio
- My Lastest Posts
- Nkwen Language Lessons And Podcast
- Official Video of The Perpetual Profession of Sister Yvonne M T
- Personal Prayers For Self-improvement
- Poems About Life – Different Forms Of Poems
- Prayers And Reflections
- Preparing High School Students for Back-to-School – A Comprehensive Guide To A Successful Academic Year
- Proverbs And Words Of Wisdom For Daily Guidance And Self-counselling – July
- Proverbs And Words Of Wisdom For Daily Guidance And Self-counselling For April
- Proverbs And Words Of Wisdom For Daily Guidance And Self-counselling For May
- Responsorial Psalm Chants Audio Playlist
- Responsorial Psalm Chants For Sundays And Feast Days
- Sister Yvonne’s First And Final Profession Celebrations
- Some African Dishes And Ingredients
- Speaking in Nkwen Language
- Ten Highly Regarded Mathematics Books and Workbooks For Students
- THE BO-BE-NkA’A PROJECT
- The Necessity of iPads for Children’s Education: Exploring the Best Brands of Kids’ Tablets for Parents Understanding
- The Necessity of Phones for Everyone: Exploring Good and Easy-to-Use Options For everyone.
- Top 5 Good Low-Cost Phones: Affordability Meets Functionality
- Value of Textbooks and Practice Books for Students
- Wise Sayings for Each Day in Nkwen Language – Audio Playlist