Story of The Honest Princess And Why The Cock Has No Teeth
Story of The Honest Princess
A lyǝ mbǝ ngù’u tsǝ̀, Mǝnto’ò mǝ
̀mbaŋnǝ̀ tsǝ̀ a dzwi wu ma â kǝ swà’à nkànsǝ̀ mǝnto’o mǝ̀ngye mǝ zo’onǝ̀. A bǝ mbà’ambà’à ǹtsǝmǝ la, a fuu nghǝ atyǝ-mânduŋǝ ngǝ boŋǝ zhǝ zǝ nkànsǝ̀ mǝnto’o mǝngye lǝ. A lya mbǝ fǝ’ǝ nkwifò tsǝ̀ ma tǝko’o mbǝ̀ŋǝ̀ kǝ shwi’i, fɛrǝ̀ ntèntǝ kǝ nchya, a fuu nunǝ nsàŋǝ̀ nto’o, nghǝ bǝ zǝ̌moo mǝngye tsǝ a khǝ mbǝŋǝ zha nyìi ntsǔ nto’o bwo. A kǝ mbi mbǝŋnǝ nyɛ’ɛ abù’u nto’o a kuu . M̀bǝŋǝ zha bwo fǝrǝ gha’a nkǝ tentǝ susu
mâboŋǝ moo mǝngye wwa kakǝ bî bwo bùu ghǝ la ti’i lye bǝ nto’o. A lya mbǝ nkwifò, Ma bwo kǝ jyǝ nkwesǝ̀la, moo mǝ̀nghe wwa swiŋǝ nǝ̀ bwo ngǝ zhǝ bǝ a mǝnto’o. Mmǎ-nto’o ti’ì nyɛ’ɛ swa’à mǝzhinǝ̀ ngǝ a swiŋǝ a nko’onyù yi ngǝ zhǝ bǝ mǝnto’o lǝ.
Ma mmǎ-nto’o a ghǝ nyɛ̀sǝ ndya mǝ nòŋnǝ̀abwo moo mǝngye wwa la, a lòo ǝboo bǝ ngo’o ninkǝ mǝmǝ bǝ màtrasǝ̀ bǝtarǝ ma a lǝ’ǝ ǝkù wǝ. Moo mǝ̀ngyèwwa yìi nko’o nnoŋǝ nlye tsɛ’ɛ kǝka titi njwe làa. Ma njwe laa la, m̀ma-nto’o yìi biŋsǝ yi ngǝ à lye ǹshi’inǝ̀ lǝ .
Moo mǝngye wwa wi’itǝ̀ ngǝ boŋǝ zhǝ swiŋǝ ngǝ zhǝ lye kǝka boŋǝ nnu zhà bǝ bǝ̌kǝ, la, kǝ mbu wi’itǝ ngǝ mǝnto’o nǝ̀ swiŋǝ tsɛ’ɛ nko’onyù yi aghǝ̀mǝ̀ ǹtsǝmǝ̀. A ti’i nkwe ambwo mmà-nto’o ngǝ zhǝ biikàkǝ nshi’inǝ̀ lye. Ǹnu mma-nto’o ti’i mbonkǝ tsɛ’ɛ bonkǝ ngǝ moo yì zǝ̌ nkànsǝ mǝnto’ò mǝ̀ngye mǝ zo’onǝ̀ mbǝ’ǝma ǝ̀boo bǝ nto’o nǝ̀ kàkǝ̌ntsɛ̀rǝ nchwa.
Once upon a time, there lived a prince who wanted to get married. He left his palace
and got to the streets every morning in search of a wife who must be a true princess. For a
long time, he found none and was very worried. One stormy evening, as he sad sadly at
their balcony, he saw a beautiful girl running towards his palace. The girl was escaping the
mighty storm. The prince hurriedly opened the gate and let her in. The storm was so
strong that the girl couldn’t go back home but spend the night at that palace. That evening,
when they were chatting at table, the girl told the royal family that she is a princess. The
Queen secretly wanted to find out whether she was a true princess. The Queen prepared
the guest room, made up the bed with three mattresses, but put stones in-between. The
princess could not sleep well that night because the bed was so rough for her. In the
morning, the Queen inquired if she had a good sleep. She thought they might feel bad if
she says she slept badly, but as a princess she has to say the truth always. So, she told the
Queen that she slept badly. The Queen was so happy that at last her son has found a true
princess for a wife because princes and princesses do not tell lies.
A lyǝ mbǝ ngu’u tsǝ̀, Ətàa Ankǝ̀’ǝ ̀bwo Ə̀tàa Forǝ bǝ bǝtankǎ. A bǝ njwe tsǝ̀, bwo frǝ afò bwo ntso’o mǝnjyǝ̌nkwi nǝ zhǝ. A bǝ nkwifò
bwo lǎ nti’i nunǝ ngùŋǝ̀-nǝkɛrǝ nkwurǝ̀. Ətàà Forǝ swiŋǝ ngǝ a bwo zhitǝ nǝdorǝ nǝ mǝnjyǝ̌. Nǝ̀dorǝ zi bǝ ngǝ ò ̀bǝ mà’a mboŋǝ mǝnjyǝ̌â
ndàŋsǝ mmǔ ndǝmǝ wwò ko ala zhǝ, nkǝ nti’i ma’a o kǝ nko ala wwò. O ka ko ò fya mbòŋǝ mǝnjyǝ̀ dzwi tanǝ̀ a mbwo ndǝ̀mǝ wwò mbǝ’ǝma ò
wwo ǹtǝ̀ǝ nǝ̀dorǝ̀. Ma bwo dorǝtǝ nǝ àkǝ̀mtǝ̀ fǝ’ǝ la, Ətàà Forǝ ma’a mbòŋǝ ̀zǝtsǝ̀ ǝ ka lanǝ ghǝ̌, ntso nwwo mǝmǝ̀ mmu. Ətàa Ankǝ’ǝ, nǝ àlèntǝ, kǝ bi ntso ngǝ na’a zhǝ tsu nǝ ǹtsù, m̀mu tô mǝ̀soŋǝ mi tsɛ’ɛ̀ mǝtsǝ̀mǝ̀. Lya anyù zuma ànkǝ̀’ǝ bikàkǝ nǝ mǝ̀sòŋǝ̀ dzwi tìtìko’o kù’ù
senǝwi la. Boŋǝ bùu ti’itǝ dorǝ nədorǝ nǝ̀tsǝ̀mǝ̀, buu dorǝ nǝ̀ ǹtiŋǝ̀ ǹshi’ìnǝ̀ nkǝ nlo fǝ’ǝ̀, kǝ̀ nǝ̀ àkùkǔ nǝ dorǝ.
Once upon a time, Mr. Cock and Mr. Rat were great friends. One day,
they both went to their farm, harvested groundnuts, and took home.
In the evening, they boiled some and sat near the fireplace eating. Mr.
Rat proposed that they should start the “groundnut game.” This game
is played by throwing and catching grains of groundnuts over the fire.
Failure to catch a grain means giving five grains to the other person.
After playing for some time, Mr. Rat threw a grain to Mr. Cock, but it
didn’t go all the way but fell in the fire. Mr. Cock foolishly and
hurriedly bent to pick the grain up with his mouth, but unfortunately
for him the fire burnt all his teeth. So, that is why the cock has no
teeth till today. Be careful and honest while you play games and do
not play foolishly.
Story of The Honest Princess
Preview and get our e-book.
- Daily Proverbs and Wisdom For October
- Responsorial Psalm, Alleluia And Gospel For 27th Sunday in Ordinary Time, Year A
- Responsorial Psalm, Alleliua And Gospel For 26th Sunday in Ordinary Time, Year A
- Responsorial Psalm, Alleluia And Gospel For 25th Sunday In Ordinary Time Year A
- Responsorial Psalm, Alleluia And Gospel For Twenty-fourth Sunday in Ordinary Time, Year A
Story of The Honest Princess
- A Recapitulation On Nkwen Language
- Addition, Subtraction, Multiplication, and Division for Elementary School Kids
- Aspects Of The English Language
- Audio Visual Version Of The Nkwen Language Handbook
- Basic Mathematics
- Blog Jesus My Lord And My God
- Categories List
- Check Out Page
- Christ The Source And Summit Of A Christian’s Life
- Comfortable School Attire for Kids – Dressing for Success In School
- Education For All E-Books Store
- Education For All Video Playlist
- Enhancing Productivity and Comfort: The Importance of Study Tables and Chairs for Students
- Enhancing The Learning Environment In The Classroom
- Essential Items to Make Your Summer at Home Enjoyable
- Forms Of Poems
- Fueling Young Minds: The Importance of Fresh and Healthy Snacks in Schools
- General Education For All And Entertainment Store
- General Education For All Content Page Content Page
- General Knowledge Revision Quiz On History, Geography, and Sciences for kids 4 through 12
- General Knowledge Revision Video Playlist. General Knowledge Quizzes for Elementary Scholars.
- Gospel Readings in Nkwen Language For Year B
- Great Things That Matter For All.
- Importance And Qualities of Good Backpacks For Kids, Teenagers, Men And Women
- Importance Of Apps in Today’s Social Living
- Importance Of Educational Games for Grades K-12 – Enhancing Learning With Educational Games
- Important Back-to-school Supplies Guidelines For Parents Of Grades K-8
- Important Information And Communication Technology – ICT – Tools For Students In Elementary And Middle Schools.
- Inspired Writings and Formation Talks
- Inspiring Stories About Life
- Music Album And My Mix
- Must-Have Computer Accessories for Every Household
- My account
- My Family Portfolio
- My Lastest Posts
- Nkwen Language Lessons And Podcast
- Official Video of The Perpetual Profession of Sister Yvonne M T
- Personal Prayers For Self-improvement
- Poems About Life – Different Forms Of Poems
- Prayers And Reflections
- Preparing High School Students for Back-to-School – A Comprehensive Guide To A Successful Academic Year
- Proverbs And Words Of Wisdom For Daily Guidance And Self-counselling – July
- Proverbs And Words Of Wisdom For Daily Guidance And Self-counselling For April
- Proverbs And Words Of Wisdom For Daily Guidance And Self-counselling For May
- Responsorial Psalm Chants Audio Playlist
- Responsorial Psalm Chants For Sundays And Feast Days
- Sister Yvonne’s First And Final Profession Celebrations
- Some African Dishes And Ingredients
- Speaking in Nkwen Language
- Ten Highly Regarded Mathematics Books and Workbooks For Students
- THE BO-BE-NkA’A PROJECT
- The Necessity of iPads for Children’s Education: Exploring the Best Brands of Kids’ Tablets for Parents Understanding
- The Necessity of Phones for Everyone: Exploring Good and Easy-to-Use Options For everyone.
- Top 5 Good Low-Cost Phones: Affordability Meets Functionality
- Value of Textbooks and Practice Books for Students
- Wise Sayings for Each Day in Nkwen Language – Audio Playlist