Environmental Science Revision On Nature Reserves For Kids 4 Through 12
Click on the highlighted links to see the picture.
- FOREST AND PARK RESERVES
- The forest brings _________ to the environment. rain
- The barks of some trees are used as ______ medicines
- Trees provide us with _________ timber
- They serve as home for many _____ animals.
- They provide the country with __________ money.
The act of cutting down trees in the forest without replacement is known as _______. Deforestation
Some causes of deforestation are
- Forests are cleared to make room for feed crops and ___ grazing pastures.
- Wood is needed for paper and _____ construction.
- Large portions of our forests are cut down in order to build houses and produce ____ furniture.
- A growing global population leads to the expansion of cities and highways to make room for _______ people, cars and trucks.
- DANGERS OF DEFORESTATION ARE
- Deforestation reduces the amount and frequency of___________ rainfall which can lead to drought.
- It may lead to complete loss of _________ for construction. timber
- It exposes the soil which leads to ____________ erosion and flooding.
- It decreases soil__________ because of the erosion. fertility
- It leads to global warming due to too much accumulation of _________ in the air. carbon dioxide
- It leads to loss of ______ for plants and animal species. habitat
Some ways of preserving the forest are ____________
- Forest reserves and national parks should be created to protect some_____________ plants and animals.
- Some important ______ should be planted mostly in areas where trees have been cut down. forest plants
- ____________ should be created to carter for some important and endangered species of animals. Zoos
- Laws should be enacted by the ________ to control and protect the forest. Government
- _________ of these laws should be made to compensate damage. Defaulters
- Trees should be replaced when cut down. this is known as ________ Afforestation
Here’s a list of some of the best nature reserves in the world that are worth a visit.
- American Praire Reserve.
- Amazon Rainforest, South America
- Congo Rainforest, Africa
- Valdivian Temperate Rainforest, South America
- Tongass, North America
- Rainforest of Xishuangbanna
- Sundarbans National Park
- Daintree Forest, Australia
- The Australian Great Barrier Reef.
- Kinabalu National Park
- Sinharaja Forest Reserve, Sri Lanka
- Mindo-Nambillo Cloud Forest, South America
- Tchindzoulou Island.
SOME FOREST RESERVES IN CAMEROON
- Ijim forest project found in ___________ Boyo division
- Kilum mountain forest project found in ____ Bui Division
- Bakundu forest reserve in _________ Meme Division
- Mount Cameroon project in _________ Fako
- Waza National Park is the largest in Cameroon found in the. Far North Region
- Korup National Park found in the_________Ndian Division
- Banue National Park found in the______ Adamawa Region.
Read our General Knowledge Revision e-book.