Unity of Noun phrases in Nkwen Language (Cohesion)
Different markers are used to indicate cohesion (unity) in various noun phrases. These markers are : wuma, zuma, buma, fuma and dzwu ma. Let’s examine how they come in different noun phrases.
Nkə̀mə̀ wuma bə kə̀ zo’o. –The noble that was installed.
M̀fò wuma bə kə̀ nùsə. – The chief that was enthroned.
Ǹcì wuma a kə̀ yìi. – The Father-in-law who came.
Kàŋə̀ wuma Talà kə ko. – The squirrel that Tala caught.
Əkù wuma Ndì kə̀ kuŋə. – The bed that Ndi made.
Nta’a wuma bə kə̀ to.– The hill that was burnt.
nkyi wuma ə ŋwa’a.– The water that is clean.
Nə̀lòŋə̀ zuma bə bu’u. – The radio that is played.
Nə̀fa zuma nə kwo (yɛnə). – The twin that is dead.
Àkù zuma ə zaŋə. – The foot that is hurting.
Àtì zuma be waa. – The tree that is fell.
Ǹnà zuma bə kə̀ ko. – The animal that was caught.
Bə̀fò buma bə zo’okə. – The chiefs who are enthroned.
Bə̀kə̀mə̀ buma be zo’okə. – The nobles that are installed.
Bə̀forə buma bə kə̀ kotə. – The rats that are caught.
Bə̀ntò buma bə ŋwa’a. – The pots which are clean.
Bə̀kàŋə̀ buma bə kotə. – The squirrels that are caught.
Fə̀nyə fuma fə tya yi . – The snake that has bitten him/her.
Fə̀nkəbə fuma be kuŋə . – The statue that is calved.
Əso dzwu ma bə zû. – The hoes that are bought.
Ətsə’ə dzwu ma bə ta. – The dresses that are sown.
əba’a dzwu ma bə nyεsə. – The doors that a renovated.
əkaŋə dzwu ma bə mε’ε. – The pan (dishes) that are thrown.
N.B: Buma and dzwu ma make cohesion in nouns of the plural classes while wuma, zuma and fuma are markers for nouns in the singular classes.
- Responsorial Psalm, Alleluia And Gospel For 27th Sunday in Ordinary Time, Year A
- Responsorial Psalm, Alleliua And Gospel For 26th Sunday in Ordinary Time, Year A
- Responsorial Psalm, Alleluia And Gospel For 25th Sunday In Ordinary Time Year A
- Responsorial Psalm, Alleluia And Gospel For Twenty-fourth Sunday in Ordinary Time, Year A
- Responsorial Psalm, Alleluia And Gospel For Twenty-third Sunday in Ordinary Time, Year A
- A Recapitulation On Nkwen Language
- Addition, Subtraction, Multiplication, and Division for Elementary School Kids
- Aspects Of The English Language
- Audio Visual Version Of The Nkwen Language Handbook
- Basic Mathematics
- Blog Jesus My Lord And My God
- Categories List
- Check Out Page
- Christ The Source And Summit Of A Christian’s Life
- Comfortable School Attire for Kids – Dressing for Success In School
- Education For All E-Books Store
- Education For All Video Playlist
- Enhancing Productivity and Comfort: The Importance of Study Tables and Chairs for Students
- Enhancing The Learning Environment In The Classroom
- Essential Items to Make Your Summer at Home Enjoyable
- Forms Of Poems
- Fueling Young Minds: The Importance of Fresh and Healthy Snacks in Schools
- General Education For All And Entertainment Store
- General Education For All Content Page Content Page
- General Knowledge Revision Quiz On History, Geography, and Sciences for kids 4 through 12
- General Knowledge Revision Video Playlist. General Knowledge Quizzes for Elementary Scholars.
- Gospel Readings in Nkwen Language For Year B
- Great Things That Matter For All.
- Importance And Qualities of Good Backpacks For Kids, Teenagers, Men And Women
- Importance Of Apps in Today’s Social Living
- Importance Of Educational Games for Grades K-12 – Enhancing Learning With Educational Games
- Important Back-to-school Supplies Guidelines For Parents Of Grades K-8
- Important Information And Communication Technology – ICT – Tools For Students In Elementary And Middle Schools.
- Inspired Writings and Formation Talks
- Inspiring Stories About Life
- Music Album And My Mix
- Must-Have Computer Accessories for Every Household
- My account
- My Family Portfolio
- My Lastest Posts
- Nkwen Language Lessons And Podcast
- Official Video of The Perpetual Profession of Sister Yvonne M T
- Personal Prayers For Self-improvement
- Poems About Life – Different Forms Of Poems
- Prayers And Reflections
- Preparing High School Students for Back-to-School – A Comprehensive Guide To A Successful Academic Year
- Proverbs And Words Of Wisdom For Daily Guidance And Self-counselling – July
- Proverbs And Words Of Wisdom For Daily Guidance And Self-counselling For April
- Proverbs And Words Of Wisdom For Daily Guidance And Self-counselling For May
- Responsorial Psalm Chants Audio Playlist
- Responsorial Psalm Chants For Sundays And Feast Days
- Sister Yvonne’s First And Final Profession Celebrations
- Some African Dishes And Ingredients
- Speaking in Nkwen Language
- Ten Highly Regarded Mathematics Books and Workbooks For Students
- THE BO-BE-NkA’A PROJECT
- The Necessity of iPads for Children’s Education: Exploring the Best Brands of Kids’ Tablets for Parents Understanding
- The Necessity of Phones for Everyone: Exploring Good and Easy-to-Use Options For everyone.
- Top 5 Good Low-Cost Phones: Affordability Meets Functionality
- Value of Textbooks and Practice Books for Students
- Wise Sayings for Each Day in Nkwen Language – Audio Playlist