Revision On Geography of the world 1
Play and follow us on Spotify by clicking follow on this player.
Revision On Geography of the world 1
Click on any word highlighted in red to view the image.
- Imaginary circles or lines on earth parallel to the equator measured in degrees north and south of the Equator are called__________ Latitudes.
- Imaginary lines running from North to south pole measured in degrees East and West of the Greenwich/Prime Meridian are called _________ Longitudes. They are also called _____________ Meridians.
- There are _______ lines of longitude divided up into 24 groups of 15o longitudes each. 360o
- An area of 15 longitudes is called a Time Zone and has its ___________. Local Time.
- There are two kinds of time _____ and _____ Local and Standard time.
- Time recorded from the position of the mid-day sun – 12:00 noon is known as _________ Local time.
- The local time of a particular place used all over the world is called _____ Standard Time
- The Standard Time of the whole wealth is the__________ GMT (Greenwich Meridian Time or Universal Time)
- The Greenwich or Prime Meridian passes through two towns namely: ____ and _____ Accra in Ghana and Greenwich in Britain.
- 15o of longitude marks a difference in time of ________ One hour.
- The earth rotates from ________ to _______, so places in the east will see the sun before places in the west. From West to East
- Longitudes are used to calculate local __________ time
- Lines of longitudes and latitudes are used to locate places on the ___________ Earth Surface.
- The International Date Line is ______ which when crossed a day is lost or gained. Longitude 180o
- Longitudes and latitudes also help ________ of ship and ________ of pains during their journeys. Captains of ships and Pilots of plains.
- Longitudes and Latitudes divide the world into major climate zones namely: –
- North and south Tropical or Torrid Zone (with hottest climate
- North and South Temperate Zone (with moderate Climate)
- North and South Frigid or polar Zone (cold deserts)
17. The most important latitude is ____________ Latitude 0o which is the ______________ Equator
18. The Equator is also known as _____________ Latitude 0o.
19. A line that divided the world into two hemispheres or parts is known as the _________ Equator
20. The Greenwich/prime Meridian is also known as_________ Longitude 0o
21. A large body of land fully or partially or completely surrounded by water is called a ________________ Continent.
22. Large bodies of salty water which surround the continents are called ___________________ oceans.
23. The most important and busiest ocean is the world is________ Atlantic ocean.
24. The deepest ocean is the ______________ Pacific Ocean.
25. The largest ocean is the ________________ Pacific ocean.
26. The coldest ocean is the _______________ Arctic ocean.
27. The largest continent of the world is ___________ Asia
28. The second largest continent is _____________Africa.
29. The smallest continent is ___________________ Australia
30. The coldest continent is ____________________ Greenland
31. The inhabitants of Greenland are call __________ Eskimos
32. The largest island in the world is ____________ Greenland
33. The highest mountain range in the world is the _________ Himalayas
34. The highest mountain in the world is _______________ Mt Everest in Naples-China
35. The Earth is usually refer to as _______________ the world
37. 29 percent of the earth’s surface is made up of ___________land while 71 percent is made up of_______________ water.
39. The Sahara desert is found in ___________ North Africa.
40. The Atacama desert is found in _____________ South America.
41. The Kalahari Desert is found in __________south Africa.
42. The hottest desert in the world is __________ Sahara Desert.
43. The ship of the hot deserts the __________Camel
44. The coldest desert in the world is ___________northern Siberia.
45. The ship of the cold desert is the____________ Rain Deer
47. Large bodies of water partly enclosed by land are called ___ seas.
48. The largest sea in the world is the ______ Mediterranean sea.
49. Large bodies of water surrounded by land are called ________ lakes.
50. A large body of land surrounded by water is Called________ Island.
51. The largest lake in the world is called __________ Caspian sea
Click the link below to go to the latest posts.
- Responsorial Psalm, Alleliua And Gospel For 26th Sunday in Ordinary Time, Year A
- Responsorial Psalm, Alleluia And Gospel For 25th Sunday In Ordinary Time Year A
- Responsorial Psalm, Alleluia And Gospel For Twenty-fourth Sunday in Ordinary Time, Year A
- Responsorial Psalm, Alleluia And Gospel For Twenty-third Sunday in Ordinary Time, Year A
- Daily Proverbs and Wisdom For September
Education For AllTweet
Basic and Secondary Learning, and Entertainment. A place for free Learning and entertainment for all.