GENERAL KNOWLEDGE REVISION ON THE AGE OF DISCOVERY, SLAVERY, SLAVE TRADE, AND THE WORLD WARS
THE AGE OF DISCOVERY
Play and follow us on Spotify by clicking follow on this player.
- The person who discovered the New World (America) was called _______. Christopher Columbus
- Who discovered the sea route to India? Vasco da Gama
- Who drew the first map of the World? Toscanini
- The power of gravitation was discovered by __. Isaac Newton
- The Flying Shuttle was invented by _________, John Kay while the Telescope was invented by ____________. Galileo Galilei
- The Electric motor was invented by ___________, Michael Faraday while ______ invented the telephone. Alexander Graham Bell
- The Locomotive was invented by _______,George Stephenson while the Steam Engine was invented by __________. James Watt
- The art of making tarred roads was discovered by _______, John Macadam
- The founder of Christianity was ________. Jesus Christ while the founder of Islam was ________. Mohamed
- The Cameroonian King who invented his own code of writing was _________. Sultan Njoya
- Who discovered the cape of storms which is also known as the Cape of Good Hope? Bartholomew Diaz
- The man who attempted to sail around the world was _____. Ferdinand Magellan.
- The one who sailed round the world was ______. Francis Drake
- John Gutenberg started the printing press in _____. Germany.
- America was named after a man called _____. Amerigo Vespucci
SLAVERY AND SLAVE TRADE
- A trade in human beings was known as _______. Slave Trade
- A situation where human beings are deprived of their rights and freedom is known as ________. Slavery
- The person who fought hard for the abolition of slave trade was_________. William Wilberforce
- Most of the slaves during the slave trade came from __. Africa
- The first slave boy to be set free was called _______. James Somerset
- One slave market in Africa was________. Timbuktu
- The first English man to trade in slaves was _____. John Hawkins
- Freed slaves in Africa settled in ___________. Sierra-Leone
- The movement of slaves, goods, raw material between Africa, Europe and South America was known as _______. The Triangular slave Trade.
- Laws against the abolition of slave trade were passed by the ___________. British Parliament.
THE WORLD WARS
- The first World war started in the year _____. 1914
- The first World War ended in the year ________. 1918
- The immediate cause of the First World War was _____. The assassination of France Ferdinand Arch duke of Austria.
- The first World War was fought in two camps namely _____and ____. The Triple Alliance and the Triple Entente
- The Triple Alliance was a secret agreement between
Germany, Austria-Hungary, and Italy.
164 The Triple Entente was an association between
Great Britain, France, and Russia.
165 The defeated Country in the First World War was ___. Germany
166 One strong member of the Triple Alliance was _____. Germany and one member of the Triple Entente were ____. France
167 An organization that was formed after the First World War was ___. The League of Nations
168. The Second World War started on – 1st September 1939.
169. The Second World War ended on – 2nd September 1945.
170. The Second World War was started by – Germany; when Germany invaded Poland.
171. Who was the German leader who started the war? Adolf Hitler
172. An organization that cooperated with Adolf Hitler was ___ The Nazi Party
173. Their intention was ___ To rule over Europe.
174. The Second World War was against The – Allies and The Axis.
175. The countries on each side were:
The Allies: Britain, France, Russia, China, and the USA.
The Axis: Germany, Italy, and Japan.
176. One of the most terrible events that happened during World War Two was ___. The Holocaust
177. Some of the main battles were:
- Battle of Britain
- Battle of Berlin
- Battle of Stalingrad
- Pearl Harbour
178. What caused the end of World War Two in Europe? Germany surrendered after Adolf Hitler ended his own life.
179. Who won the war? The Allies.
180. Which two countries prolonged World War Two? The USA and Japan.
181. The war finally ended when Japan surrendered on ___ 2nd September 1945.
182. What award was awarded to the armed forces or to war Heroes ___ The Victoria Cross.
183. 8th May each year is celebrated in Europe as ____ VE Day (Victory in Europe day as was announced by ____ Winston Churchill in 1945.
184. The Organization that replace the League Of Nations after the Second World War was ____. The United Nations Organization (U.N.O.)
Click the link below to see related posts.
- Daily Proverbs and Wisdom For October
- Responsorial Psalm, Alleluia And Gospel For 27th Sunday in Ordinary Time, Year A
- Responsorial Psalm, Alleliua And Gospel For 26th Sunday in Ordinary Time, Year A
- Responsorial Psalm, Alleluia And Gospel For 25th Sunday In Ordinary Time Year A
- Responsorial Psalm, Alleluia And Gospel For Twenty-fourth Sunday in Ordinary Time, Year A
List of Pages.
- A Recapitulation On Nkwen Language
- Addition, Subtraction, Multiplication, and Division for Elementary School Kids
- Aspects Of The English Language
- Audio Visual Version Of The Nkwen Language Handbook
- Basic Mathematics
- Blog Jesus My Lord And My God
- Categories List
- Check Out Page
- Christ The Source And Summit Of A Christian’s Life
- Comfortable School Attire for Kids – Dressing for Success In School
- Education For All E-Books Store
- Education For All Video Playlist
- Enhancing Productivity and Comfort: The Importance of Study Tables and Chairs for Students
- Enhancing The Learning Environment In The Classroom
- Essential Items to Make Your Summer at Home Enjoyable
- Forms Of Poems
- Fueling Young Minds: The Importance of Fresh and Healthy Snacks in Schools
- General Education For All And Entertainment Store
- General Education For All Content Page Content Page
- General Knowledge Revision Quiz On History, Geography, and Sciences for kids 4 through 12
- General Knowledge Revision Video Playlist. General Knowledge Quizzes for Elementary Scholars.
- Gospel Readings in Nkwen Language For Year B
- Great Things That Matter For All.
- Importance And Qualities of Good Backpacks For Kids, Teenagers, Men And Women
- Importance Of Apps in Today’s Social Living
- Importance Of Educational Games for Grades K-12 – Enhancing Learning With Educational Games
- Important Back-to-school Supplies Guidelines For Parents Of Grades K-8
- Important Information And Communication Technology – ICT – Tools For Students In Elementary And Middle Schools.
- Inspired Writings and Formation Talks
- Inspiring Stories About Life
- Music Album And My Mix
- Must-Have Computer Accessories for Every Household
- My account
- My Family Portfolio
- My Lastest Posts
- Nkwen Language Lessons And Podcast
- Official Video of The Perpetual Profession of Sister Yvonne M T
- Personal Prayers For Self-improvement
- Poems About Life – Different Forms Of Poems
- Prayers And Reflections
- Preparing High School Students for Back-to-School – A Comprehensive Guide To A Successful Academic Year
- Proverbs And Words Of Wisdom For Daily Guidance And Self-counselling – July
- Proverbs And Words Of Wisdom For Daily Guidance And Self-counselling For April
- Proverbs And Words Of Wisdom For Daily Guidance And Self-counselling For May
- Responsorial Psalm Chants Audio Playlist
- Responsorial Psalm Chants For Sundays And Feast Days
- Sister Yvonne’s First And Final Profession Celebrations
- Some African Dishes And Ingredients
- Speaking in Nkwen Language
- Ten Highly Regarded Mathematics Books and Workbooks For Students
- THE BO-BE-NkA’A PROJECT
- The Necessity of iPads for Children’s Education: Exploring the Best Brands of Kids’ Tablets for Parents Understanding
- The Necessity of Phones for Everyone: Exploring Good and Easy-to-Use Options For everyone.
- Top 5 Good Low-Cost Phones: Affordability Meets Functionality
- Value of Textbooks and Practice Books for Students
- Wise Sayings for Each Day in Nkwen Language – Audio Playlist
Download a copy of one of our English Lessons for free.
Make a free donation of any amount to support this website. Thanks