General Knowledge Revision On Ancient Civilization
Play and follow us on Spotify by clicking follow on this player.
- The conditions necessary for civilization and settled life were _ _ _ _. fertile soil, good climate, cheap transport and safety from attacks.
- The places in the world where ancient civilization first started were called. ________. cradles of civilization
- The objects found by archaeologists in Egypt were____________. coins, tools and jewelries.
- The Egyptian Kings were called____________. Pharaohs
- Pyramids were built to be royal tombs for the Kings of _______. Egypt
- Egypt is referred to as __________. The gift of the Nile
- It is often said that no Nile no _______. Egypt
- The man who caused the fall of ancient Egypt was ___________. Alexander the Great.
- The most important city of Mesopotamia was _________. Babylon
- The founder of Christianity was ________. Jesus Christ.
- The followers of Jesus Christ are called _______. Christians
- The Holy Book of the Christians is called _________. The Holy Bible.
- The Greeks were united by_____. Language ,Trade and Olympic games.
- The Olympic games started in Greek on. ________ Mt Olympus.
- The most powerful Military Greek city state was called __________. Sparta
- The founder and first king of Rome was __________. Romulus
- The first emperor of the Roman Empire was ______. Augustus Caesar.
- Hannibal the greatest Carthaginian General was defeated by __________. Scipio Africanus of Rome.
- The chief God of Rome was known as________ . Jupiter
- The wars fought between Rome and Carthage were called __________. The Punic Wars.
- A warlike tribe that destroyed the Roman Empire were the ________. Barbarians.
- A spiritual land where Muslims go on pilgrimage is called ________. Mecca
- The Followers of Mohammed were called _____. Muslims
- Muslims worship in a ___________. Mosque
- The flight of Moses from Mecca to Medina was called the________. Hegira
- Wars fought between Muslims and Christians were called the ___. Crusades ( Wars of the Cross)
- The Roman numerals were invented by the_______. Romans.
- The period in history between the dark and modern ages was known as the __________. Middle age
- The Carthaginian who arrived mount Cameroon about 500BC and saw it erupting was called ___. Hanno
- Hanno named Mount Cameroon the ____. Chariot of the Gods
- Civilization in Africa started in ____, Egypt, along the river _____. Nile
- The cradles of civilization in Africa were ______ and ________. Egypt and Mesopotamia
- ________ is referred to as “Land between two rivers”. Mesopotamia (now Iraq)
- In Mesopotamia civilization started along the rivers ______ and _____. Tigris and Euphrates
- The Egyptian Kings were known as ___. Pharaohs
- The ancient Egyptian writing was called ____. Hieroglyphics
- The ancient Babylonian writing was known as _________. Cuneiform
- The ancient Chinese writing was also called ________. Characters
- The Egyptians wrote on papers called _____, papyrus while the Mesopotamians wrote on _________. Stones Tablets
- The Egyptians invented the first calendar in the year___. 4241 BC
- An ancient form of irrigation used by the Egyptian; a long pole with a bucket on one end and a weight on the other was known as___. Shadoof
View related lessons by clicking on these links –
- Responsorial Psalm, Alleluia And Gospel For 27th Sunday in Ordinary Time, Year A
- Responsorial Psalm, Alleliua And Gospel For 26th Sunday in Ordinary Time, Year A
- Responsorial Psalm, Alleluia And Gospel For 25th Sunday In Ordinary Time Year A
- Responsorial Psalm, Alleluia And Gospel For Twenty-fourth Sunday in Ordinary Time, Year A
- Responsorial Psalm, Alleluia And Gospel For Twenty-third Sunday in Ordinary Time, Year A
Download a copy of one of our Revision Lessons for free.
Make a free donation of any amount to support this website. Thanks
Education For AllTweet
Basic and Secondary Learning, and Entertainment. A place for free Learning and entertainment for all.