My Birthday Gift
I woke up today; March 29, 2023, just to realize it is my Birthday. I was amazed and then began to think and reflect. I asked myself, “Where am I coming from and where am I going to? Today like yesterday come and gone and I am already 55? It was so amazing and joy filled, I was highly inspired and started writing.
I was born in 1968 on March 29. I am the second child in a family of seven children, all female. Two are of late. My Mom, Frida Ngegha, who is still alive, was born in 1946 according to her baptismal card that states she was baptized on the November 28, 1964, at 18 years old. My Dad, Nwufor Peter Mombesoh of late, was a carpenter, born in 1939 and died on June13, 2002.
I spent a better part of my childhood with my grandparents at Menteh Nkwen.
My first Birthday
My Mom says she started feeling child birth contractions while on the farm. She hurried back and went to the hospital; PMI Nkwen where she gave birth to me.
On this info, I was eager to know what day was my birthday. My Birth Certificate shows I was born on March 29, 1968, but I wanted to know what day that was just for knowledge sake. So, I asked Google, “What day was March 29, 1968?” And google gave me a lot I didn’t know about till now. It says –
March 29,1968 Birthday Facts Summary
Here’s a quick list of all the fun birthday facts about March 29, 1968. Celebrities, famous birthdays, historical events, and past life were excluded.
- Day index: 89th day of 1968
- Day of week: Friday
- Day of week birthstone: Emerald
- Week index: 13th Friday of 1968
- Next same calendar year: 2024
- Day of week this year: (today 03/29/2023) Wednesday
- Day of week next year: Friday
- Day of week in 2025: Saturday
- Days until next birthday: 0 day
- Current age: 55 years old
- Days since birth: 20,088 days
- Days spent sleeping: 6,696 days
- Years spent sleeping: 18.33 years
- Part of life spent sleeping: 33%
- Full moons since birth: 680
- Next full moon: April 6 at 04:36:00 GMT – Thursday
- First one billion seconds: Sometime on December 6, 1999
- Age in dog years: 263 dog years old using a Korean Jindo Dog breed
- Life path number and meaning: 2 – It represents balance, harmony and partnership. You have the soul of an artist. You are a fine companion and possess a good sense of humor. Friends seek you out for your calming and peaceful company.
- Western zodiac sign: Aries ♈ (The Ram)
- Western zodiac element: Fire
- Western zodiac sign quality: Cardinal
- Western zodiac ruling planet: Mars – the planet of war and ambition
- Western zodiac gemstone: Bloodstone
- Eastern zodiac animal: Monkey
- Eastern zodiac element: Earth
- Modern birthstone: Aquamarine
- Mystical birthstone: Jade (based on Tibetan origin)
- Birth flower: Jonquil for affection
- Best compatible birthday: July 15, 1959 (+148)
- Worst compatible birthday: September 8, 1981 (-178)
- 1968 world population: 3,562,313,822
- Number one song: (Sittin’ On) The Dock of the Bay by Otis Redding (March 30, 1968)
- Babies born in 1968: 120,171,727
- Babies born in 1968 every day: 328,338
- Babies born in 1968 every minute: 228
- Popular girl’s name: Lisa – 49,532 babies
- Popular boy’s name: Michael – 82,006 babies
- Roman numerals: XXIX.III.MCMLXVIII
Primary School Life.
I attended Primary Education at Catholic School Futru Nkwen from 1974 to 1982.
Secondary school life.
I gained my Secondary Education at Society For Advanced Learning (S.A.L.) Nkwen, Where I obtained my R.S.A. (Royal Society of Arts) Certificate and my Commercial G.C.E. Certificate.
My Professional Life
I obtained my Teachers Grade 1 Certificate at Saint Pius X, T.T.C Tatum in 1998.
I got married to my darling husband Sama Taminang Stephen in 1986 in Church and Civil in 1987. We are blessed with 5 children, 3 girls and 2 boys; 4 biological and one adopted. We had journeyed in our marriage successfully, overcoming our daily difficulties and struggles like any other family until 2014 when Stephen took seriously ill and went on wheel chair at our 28th year as couple. Our marriage life took a different phase from then uptil today, March 29, 2023; my 55th birthday, and also our 9th aniversary of his sickness.
I am proud to have been a Catholic. Thanks to my parents for my Baptism on May 22, 1968. I can say more than 85 percent of my life had been spent in the Church; as a Christian, a Christian Youth in the St Michael’s Youth Group, a Youth Leader with the Calasanzian Fathers, a Catholic Teacher, a marriage counselor, a school of Parents Teacher, A Deanery Chairperson, a Parish Pastoral Council Chairperson and once a member of the Diocesan Pastoral Council Executive. We received Diocesan blessings on the Jubilee Year of the family and Papal’s Blessings during the Centinary Year of the Ach Dioceses. To God be the Glory.
Only God has the answer because “No one knows tommorow.” I continue to praise and thank God for keeping me alive till today despite all what I’ve been through.
I term this post “My Birthday Gift” because of the inspiration to write down a bit about where I am coming from and where I am going to.
My Birthday Gift
- Inspired Writings and Formation Talks
- Music Album And My Mix
- My Family Portfolio
- Nkwen Language Lessons And Podcast
- Official Video of The Perpetual Profession of Sister Yvonne M T
My Birthday Gift
Category Archives: Stories
A Deeper Look On What Love Is
What Love is about. A deeper look On what love is.
Story 5 – Why The Cock Has No Teeth
Why The Cock Has No Teeth Vigilance in Gaming Preview and get our e-book. Once upon a time, Mr. Cock and Mr. Rat were great friends. They jointly cultivated a farm and planted lots of groundnuts (peanuts). They did all the farm work together and during the harvesting season, they both went to their farm,Continue reading “Story 5 – Why The Cock Has No Teeth”
Children Are Angels. A fun game with Jesus
A fun game with Jesus Read more of our Stories Of Inspiration from this e-book A fun game with Jesus It was the feast of Corpus Christi (Feast of the Body and Blood of Christ). Diana, four, and her Mom sat on the second row from the front in Church. The Priest had given aContinue reading “Children Are Angels. A fun game with Jesus”
My favorite type of weather
My favorite type of weather What is your favorite type of weather? This video shows my favorite type of weather TikTok What do you think? Category Archives: General Knowlege Revision Quizzes A Deeper Look On What Love Is What Love is about. A deeper look On what love is. Share Twitter FacebookContinue reading “My favorite type of weather”
Today’s Wise Saying In Nkwen – Wisdom of the old
Daily Wise Saying In Nkwen (Mǝbǎkò’ò Sènǝ). An attempt to expantiate on the Wisdom of the Old or Wisdom of our Forefathers. Nkwen Language Handbook Nkwen Language Lessons Audio And Video Playlists Nkwen Language Lessons And Podcast Audio Visual Version Of The Nkwen Language Handbook Mǝbǎkò’ò Senǝ May 8, 2023 Bὲnə àbàà zhə adì’i wu maContinue reading “Today’s Wise Saying In Nkwen – Wisdom of the old”
2 thoughts on “My Birthday Gift – Thanking God On My Birthday ”
Happy belated birthday! Unfortunately keeping up with this blog has been a challenge due to recent health issues; however, I keep this community in my prayers. God bless!
Thanks for the beautiful comment. I am grateful.