Farming Revision Quiz
- The stages followed in the cultivation of crops are______ clearing, tilling, hoeing, manuring, planting weeding, mulching, and harvesting.
- A system of farming where a piece of land is cultivated year in year out or every year is known as _________ crop rotation
- In agriculture, the practice of growing a single crop year after year on the same land is known as _________ Monocroping.
- Three common monocultures are _____________ Maize, soybeans, and wheat.
- A single crop repeatedly grown on the same land is called _______________a monoculture.
- A system of farming where a piece of land after cultivation for one or two years is allowed to gain its fertility is known as ____ shifting cultivation.
- Shifting cultivation is also known as _________ bush following
- In Shifting cultivation or bush following, plots of land are cultivated temporarily, then allowed for vegetation to freely grow while the cultivator moves on to __________ another plot.
- The oldest system of farming where many crops are cultivated on the same piece of land at the same time is known as _____ mixed cropping
- Mixed cropping is also known as ___________ intercropping.
- A process by which farmers produce crops and rear livestock simultaneously to ensure sustainable agriculture __________ mixed farming.
- A system that involves the growing of the same type of crops on the same piece of land every year is known as ______ continues cropping.
- An advantage of this system is that __________1. It is normally practiced where there is a scarcity of land and a dense population. 2. where environmental conditions limit the type of crops that can be cultivated in that area.
- In this system, a lot has to be done by the farmer to improve the Fertility of the soil by ________ the addition of organic and inorganic manure.
- The planting of perennial crops such as cocoa, coffee, or tea is known as _______ permanent cropping.
- Examples of permanent crops are _________ all fruit trees, all citrus fruit trees, all nut trees, all berry plantations, all vineyards, and all olive trees.
- Some common farm records are _______ farm dairy, crop record, manure record, farm inventory book, and the farm cash book.
- Some common farm tools include ______ spades, cutlass, hoes, Dig axe, shovel, rake, pickaxe, etc
Modern farmers have a huge range of equipment options for the various activities they do on an annual basis. Some Farming Vehicles are:
- Anything added to the soil to increase its fertility is called ____________ manure
- Two main kinds of manure are ___________organic and inorganic Manure.
- Kinds of organic manure are______ green manure, farm yard manure, and compost manure.
- Inorganic manure is commonly known as ______ Fertilizers
General Knowledge Revision On Farming
- Insects and Animals Revision Quiz
- Environmental Science Revision on Migration for kids 4 through 12
- Revision on Environmental Hazards for kids 4 through 12
- Pollution Of The Environment Revision for kids 4 through 12
- Environmental Science Revision on Weather Observation and Climate for kids 4 through 12