Listen to our podcast on Spotify at https://open.spotify.com/episode/1pc5OZ5iI6j0Rrbj5bdOJe?si=82886774134f4db0
On YouTube at https://youtu.be/M8Re7QfvX9Q
- Environmental Hazards are happenings in our environment that are harmful to man and __________ other living organisms.
- There are two types of environmental hazards namely _____and _____. natural hazards and man-made or artificial hazards.
- Incidents that occur on their own without man’s contribution to their occurrence are known as _______ Natural hazards
- Some examples of natural environmental hazards are _______floods, storms, lightning and thunder, volcanic eruptions, earthquakes, droughts, and landslides.
- Volcanic eruptions occur as a result of two conditions under high pressures below the surface of the earth namely: high temperatures and gases.
- This high temperature and pressure melt very hard rock which is forced to the surface in the form of ___________ magma.
The magma then comes out through cracks with violent____ explosions.
- __________ is an example of a volcanic mountain. Mount St Helens, Washington, Mount Buea
Dangers of Volcanic Eruptions
- _____ produced is too hot and can kill both plants and animals. Magma
- Magma can destroy _________ and _________ . homes and farmlands
- Sometimes they solidify or harden and block _________ roads.
- __________ released during eruptions may be poisonous to humans and animals. Gases
How to avoid volcanic Eruptions
Volcanic eruptions are natural disasters and cannot be prevented. We can only avoid it by;
- Monitoring that before it occurs we should ________ the place. evacuate
- Houses, schools, hospitals should not be built near the ___________ mountain area.
Pests also bring natural disaster to _______ crops on farms.
Some pests that attack cash crops are _____ caterpillars, weevils, locusts, grasshoppers, cricket, yam beetles, rat moles, piercing moths, and stem borers.
Examples of man-made hazards are:
- pollution of the environment
- Disruptions in Services such as Water, sewer, communications, travel, etc.
- Airline disaster.
- Transportation disaster by truck and rail.
- Biological agents like side effects of drugs.
- Hazardous materials use like poorly constructed trucks, rails, and pipelines.
- Stampeding in Mass Gatherings.
- Weapons of mass destruction.
- Man-made bush fires
- A flame that produces light and heat is called ____ fire
- Some sources of fire are ______ lightning, stone, matches, gas lighter, etc
- Fire is used in many ways, some of which are_____
_ for cooking,
– welding of metals,
– heating in cold weather,
– production of goods in the factory.
- Environmental Science Revision On Nature Reserves For Kids 4 Through 12
- Matter And The Environment Revision For Kids 4 Through 12
- Environmental Science Revision on Weather Observation and Climate for kids 4 through 12
- Environmental Science Revision on Stems, Roots, and Photosynthesis for kids 4 through 12
- ENVIRONMENTAL SCIENCE Revision on Living and non-living things, seed, flower, Pollination, and leaf
- Responsorial Psalm and Gospel For Solemnity of The Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary
- Saint Joseph Calasanz Universal Patron of All Christian Schools And His Educational Principles
- Revision on Erosion, plant care and soil
- Responsorial Psalm And Gospel For Twenty-first Sunday in Ordinary Time Year C Psalms 117
- Responsorial Psalm and Gospel for Twentieth Sunday in Ordinary Time Year C
- A Recapitulation On Nkwen Language
- Aspects Of The English Language
- Audio Visual Version Of The Nkwen Language Handbook
- Basic Mathematics
- Blog Jesus My Lord And My God
- Categories List
- Content Page
- Education For All Podcast
- Forms Of Poems
- General Knowledge Revision Quiz On History, Geography, and Sciences for kids 4 through 12
- Gospel Readings in Nkwen Language For Year B
- Inspired Writings and Formation Talks
- Music Album And My Mix
- My Family Portfolio
- Nkwen Language Lessons And Podcast
- Poems About Life
- Prayers And Reflections
- Responsorial Psalm Chants For Sundays And Feast Days
- Some African Dishes And Ingredients
- Speaking in Nkwen Language
- Stories About Life