- The surroundings where man, animals and plants live is called the______________ environment.
- There are three kinds of environments. They include: _____________ the atmosphere, the soil, and water environments.
- Anything that exists in each of the environments listed above is called ____ matter. There are two types of matter, namely;___________ Organic matter and inorganic matter
- Organic matter: it is made up of all living things and each has ___________ weight and occupies space.
- Organic matter usually dies and decays. Examples of organic matter include ___________ plants, food, animals, fruits, etc.
- Some positive effects of organic matter are __________
- They serve as_____________ homes to other living organisms
- When they decompose or decay they form __________ manure
- Their waste products__________ Enrich the soil.
- Plants help to purify the air during the process of ____ photosynthesis.
- Some negative effects of organic matter are that ___________
- When it decays it produces __________ bad odor.
- When poorly handled they_________ pollute the environment.
- Some animals and birds _________ some plants and crops in the environment. destroy
- The_________ waste products of animals pollute the environment.
- Inorganic matter is made up of_______ that has weight and occupies space. non-living matter
- Some characteristics of inorganic matter are _____
- They are non-living
- They are very hard
- They are very heavy
- They hardly decompose
- Examples of inorganic matter include___ stones, iron, sand, soil, water, etc.
- Man-made matter are things man has used to produce which make _________________ life easier.
- Some organic matter has been transformed by man as follows:
- The making of _________ from various plant fruits. fruit juice
- The making of ________ from animal fat. butter
- The production of wool from_________ the skin of some animals. leather, dresses
- The production of _________ from plants. paper
- Some inorganic matter has been transformed by man as follows.
- Stones are shaped to build __________ houses.
- Sand and cement are mixed with water to__________ make blocks.
- Iron is cut into________ rods.
- Deadwood is used to make__________ furniture.
Read our e-book on General Knowledge Revision.
General Knowledge Revision Quiz
Environmental Science Revision on Pollution Of The Environment for kids 4 through 12
- Responsorial Psalm, Alleluia Verse And Gospel For Feast of Corpus Christi Year A – Solemnity of the Most Holy Body and Blood of Christ
- Today’s Wise Saying In Nkwen – Wisdom Of The Old For The Month Of June
- Proverbs And Words Of Wisdom For Daily Guidance And Self-counseling For The Month Of June
- When And How True Love Begins
- The Solemnity of the Most Holy Trinity, Year A
2 thoughts on “Matter And The Environment Revision For Kids 4 Through 12”