POLLUTION OF THE ENVIRONMENT
- When gases, smoke, and chemicals are introduced into the environment in large doses that make it harmful to humans, animals, and plants it is known as ___________ pollution
- There are three main types of pollution namely ___, ___ and ____ air pollution, water pollution, and land or soil pollution.
- The addition of toxic or poisonous substances into the water which destroys the quality of water, making it unfit for drinking is termed _____________ Water pollution
- Some water pollutants include _____________ excess organic matter, petroleum products, agricultural chemicals, household waste, sewage.
5. DANGERS OF WATER POLLUTION ARE ____
Water animals such as fish may die.
- Many water-borne diseases are transmitted.
- Polluted water becomes dirty and unfit for drinking.
- Contaminated water can harbor bacteria, such as those responsible for diarrhea, cholera, dysentery, typhoid, hepatitis A, and polio.
6. PREVENTION OF WATER POLLUTION.
- Sewage should be properly treated before disposal.
- Avoid using poisonous chemicals on crops, especially during the rainy season.
- Chemicals from industries should be treated before disposing of in the water.
- Avoid throwing household waste into water.
7. SOIL POLLUTION
- This is the release of toxic poisonous substances into the soil which make it harmful to man and its environment.
- Some soil pollutants include household waste such as plastic that does not decompose easily,
- Industrial products like fertilizers that do not decompose cause soil pollution,
- Engine oil from vehicles.
8. DANGERS OF SOIL POLLUTION
- Heaps of dirt may serve as breeding grounds for dangerous animals.
- Oils split into the soil may destroy soil organisms.
- Urine passed out carelessly on the soil contains acids that destroy__________ organisms.
9. PREVENTION OF SOIL POLLUTION
- Pits should be dug far from houses where household waste can be dumped.
- Dust bins with covers should be kept around houses, classrooms, offices, etc
- Avoid________________ urinating or defecating carelessly on the ground.
- Contaminated soil should be treated before growing crops.
10. AIR POLLUTION
- Air pollution is the addition of poisonous gases into the _________ atmosphere.
- Some air pollutants include __________________________
- Toxic gases from industries.
- Carbon monoxide from exhausts of cars and motorcycles.
- Carbon Dioxide from fermented organic material.
- Smoke from burnt material.
11. Some dangers of air pollution are _______
- It causes irritation of the eyes.
- It causes respiratory diseases.
- Poisonous gases destroy crops and may lead to__________ hunger
- Poisonous gases spread ___________ air borne diseases.
12. Some ways of Preventing Air Pollution are _____________
- Exhausts of cars should be cleaned very often.
- Good wood should be used to make fire.
- All solid and liquid waste should be properly disposed of.
- All industrial gas should be transformed into harmless substances.
13. Waste Transformation
Waste can be transformed in many ways such as:
- Paper can be transformed into_____ pulp
- Bones are crushed and used in making _______ gum and glues.
- Sewage may be dried and burnt to use as _______ manure.
- Sludge from septic tanks can be used to form _______ domestic gas.
- Old aluminum sheets are used to make _______ pots.
- A Recapitulation On Nkwen Language
- Aspects Of The English Language
- Audio Visual Version Of The Nkwen Language Handbook
- Basic Mathematics
- Blog Jesus My Lord And My God
- Bo Be Nka’a Project
- Categories List
- Content Page
- Education For All eBOOKs
- Education For All Podcast
- Forms Of Poems
- General Knowledge Revision Quiz On History, Geography, and Sciences for kids 4 through 12
- Gospel Readings in Nkwen Language For Year B
- Inspired Writings and Formation Talks
- Music Album And My Mix
- My Family Portfolio
- Nkwen Language Lessons And Podcast
- Official Video of The Perpetual Profession of Sister Yvonne M T
- Poems About Life
- Prayers And Reflections
- Responsorial Psalm Chants For Sundays And Feast Days
- Sister Yvonne’s First And Final Profession Celebrations
- Some African Dishes And Ingredients
- Speaking in Nkwen Language
- Stories About Life
- Things That Matter For All
2 thoughts on “Pollution Of The Environment Revision for kids 4 through 12”