1 While the crowd was pressing in on Jesus and listening to the word of God, he was standing by the Lake of Gennesaret.
2 He saw two boats there alongside the lake; the fishermen had disembarked and were washing their nets.
3 Getting into one of the boats, the one belonging to Simon, he asked him to put out a short distance from the shore. Then he sat down and taught the crowds from the boat.
4 After he had finished speaking, he said to Simon, “Put out into deep water and lower your nets for a catch.”
5 Simon said in reply, “Master, we have worked hard all night and have caught nothing, but at your command I will lower the nets.”
6 When they had done this, they caught a great number of fish and their nets were tearing.
7 They signaled to their partners in the other boat to come to help them.
They came and filled both boats so that the boats were in danger of sinking.
8 When Simon Peter saw this, he fell at the knees of Jesus and said, “Depart from me, Lord, for I am a sinful man.”
9 For astonishment at the catch of fish they had made seized him and all those with him,
10 and likewise James and John, the sons of Zebedee, who were partners of Simon. Jesus said to Simon, “Do not be afraid; from now on you will be catching men.”
11 When they brought their boats to the shore, they left everything and followed him.
Click the link below to view recent posts.
- When it Seems There is No Way Song
- Responsorial Psalm And Gospel For Seventh Sunday of Easter Year C
- Responsorial Psalm and Gospel For The Ascension of the Lord Year C
- Responsorial Psalm And Gospel For Sixth Sunday of Easter, Year C Psalms 67
- Responsorial Psalm And Gospel For Fifth Sunday Of Easter Year C
- Prayers For Strength In The Lord
- Punctuation, Apostrophe, Contraction, The hyphen, Quotation marks, Dash, Parentheses, Brackets, Numbers, Capitalization
- Indefinite Definite And Zero Articles
Click this button to go to related pages with other posts.
Education For AllTweet
Basic and Secondary Learning, and Entertainment. A place for free Learning and entertainment for all.