Play and follow us on Spotify by clicking follow on this player.
- Some of the reasons why the Europeans explore Africa were _____. To trade, get raw material for their industries, spread the Gospel, etc
- 1.The rush by European powers to occupy territories in Africa was known as the _____________. Scramble for Africa
- “I saw with infinite pleasure the great object of my mission” where great words spoken by __________. Mungo Park
- When Africa was partitioned Cameroon was given to _______. Germany
- The Niger River reaches the sea through a Delta. Which two brothers discovered this? Richard and John Lander ( the Lander Brothers)
- The European who discovered the source of the River Niger was _______. Mungo Park
- Who convened the Berlin Conference? Otto Von Bismarck
- The Berlin Conference was held in the year __________. 1884
- The main aim of the Berlin Conference was ______________. To see into the peaceful partition of Africa
- The Germans dug road linking some major towns in Cameroon and also built ______________. railways
- The rush by European powers to occupy territories in Africa was known as the _____. Scramble for Africa
- The sharing of African land amongst themselves by the European Powers was known as _______. The Partition of Africa
- The Country that was not colonized during the partition of Africa was ____________. Liberia
- Africa was termed a dark continent by the Europeans because _____. the interior was unknown
- The Berlin Conference was convened in the year______. 1884
- The aims or objectives of the Berlin Conference was to _____________. see into the peaceful Partition of Africa
- The European power that took the greatest share during the partition of Africa was __________, France while Britain took the richest part.
- The Cape of Good Hope was first reached by ______ on 12 March 1488. Bartolomeu Dias
- European exploration of Sub-Saharan Africa begins with the Age of Discovery in the 15th century, pioneered by the Kingdom of ______ under Henry the Navigator. Portugal
- __________ was known as the Father of Navigation? Henry the Navigator
- _______ explored the upper part of the River Niger in West Africa around 1796 and discovered it’s source. Mungo Park
- Livingstone first stepped foot on African soil was in ______Cape Town
- _________ was the chief explorer of South Africa. David Livingstone (1813-1873)
- ______ and ________ were the first Europeans to follow the course of the River Niger, and discover that it led to the Atlantic. Richard Lemon Lander and his brother John Lander. (the Lander brothers)
- A Portuguese explorer Fernão do Pó discovered the island of ______ on the west coast of Africa. Fernando Po
- Cameroon was annexed by Germany on the ______________. 14th July 1884.
- The Cameroonians resisted German rule because they used ___________ on the people. Forced Labor.
- Some German antiquities in Cameroon are _____________.
- The Prime Ministers Lodge in Buea,
- The Bamenda Fort,
- The old Burial ground in Buea,
- The Old Government School in Buea,
- The Botanical Garden in Limbe.
- The German capital of Cameroon was _____________. Buea
- The first German Governor in Cameroon was ___________. Julius Von Sudden
- The person who annexed Cameroon for Germany was ________________. Dr Eugene Nactigal
- Dr. Nactigal signed treaties with two Cameroonian Kings. They were _____________ and ______________. Kings Bell and Akwa
- Someone who was sent to annex Cameroon for Britain came too late. Who was he? Dr. Hewitt. He is known in history as ______. “Too late Hewitt”
- GENERAL LESSON PLAN ON THE ENGLISH ALPHABET FOR KINDERGARTEN FOR A WEEK
- Responsorial Psalm, Gospel And Alleluia For Feast Of Christ The King
- INDIVIDUAL LESSON NOTES ON ALPHABET ORDER FOR kINDERGARTEN
- An Individual Lesson Notes On Discovering The Alphabet for kindergarten
- A Summary Of The American Curriculum For Elementary Education
Latest Podcast Episodes
Download a copy of one of our Revision Lessons for free.
Make a free donation of any amount to support this website. Thanks