Coronavirus, also called COVID-19, is a new illness that started in China last year. It has spread to all countries in the world and has now reached our country – Cameroon. Most people who get this illness recover but it has also killed a lot of people and so can also kill you.
Who gets seriously ill from this disease?
People of all ages can get this illness. But people who are already sick with illnesses such as asthma, diabetes, heart disease, high blood pressure may become seriously ill from this disease. Signs: Fever, Dry cough, Tiredness, Muscle pains.
The symptoms of a coronavirus infection are fever, dry cough, muscle pains, tiredness. Some people also have nasal congestion and sore throat. Some people, although infected, have no signs but can spread it. Serious cases have to be treated in the hospital.
How can you catch it? How can you pass it to others?
People get this disease by being near people who already have it or touching something that an infected person touched. The thing that causes the disease lives in our nose and lungs. When someone with the disease (whether they are ill or not) coughs or sneezes the disease comes out of their mouth and nose and anyone standing close can catch it also through their nose, mouth, and even eyes. If someone with the disease coughs or sneezes in their hand and then touches anything (for example-a cup or bottle or door handle), the disease can stay on that thing for some time and can then infect anyone who touches that thing.
How to protect yourself
1. Avoid touching eyes, nose, mouth. Cover your mouth with a mask when going out of the house
2. Wash your hands frequently with soap and water as soap kills the disease.
3. cough or sneeze into the crook of your arm.
4. Keep at least two meters away from a person who is coughing or sneezing.
5. Do not shake hands or hug each other. Greet each other with a nod or a verbal greeting.
6. Avoid gatherings where you will be close to other people.
7. Stay at home as much as possible.
8. Keep informed and only act on information from people or sources you trust. What to do in case you think you are infected. If you have symptoms: – Avoid contact with other people. – Stay at home. – Call the hospital.
Stories That Bring Great Impact On Life
Aspects Of The English Language
Responsorial Psalm Chants For Sundays
General Knowledge Questions and Answers Revision
Nkwen Language Gospel Readings For Year C
2 thoughts on “Sensitization on Covid 19 in Nkwen”
Mother tongue Learning has many advantages,