The /j/ sound is a voiced sound in Nkwen Language which is found mostly at the medial positions in some words. Below are examples of such words and a text on the /j/ sound.
ә̀jyә → a feast
ǹjì → hungar/a name (m)
Ǹjìngàŋә → a name (f)
àjì → an omen
ǹjya → soup
ǹjyә̌ → a fine
àjìjìˀì → a germ that enters the soles of the feet.
Nә̀wo tiˀi әjyә ngùˀu mә̀karә wǐ. Boŋә ǹjì kakә ŋu adiˀi nәwo bu zaŋә mbәˀәma bә nә ŋgha mәjyә wu àmbwo ŋù ntsә̀mә̀. Bә̀ bâtsә ghasә әdiˀi a diˀi nәwo susu. Bwo jyә mәjyә bwo bǔ nkwεrә mâtsә nniŋә әbàa bwo, ŋkә ku mәlaˀa mә nәwo tsεˀὲ mә̀tsә̀mә̀.
Funerals are feast nowadays. You can’t go hungry at a funeral because food is shared with everyone. Some people are a nuisance at funerals. After eating they would want to take some of the food home. They also move from house to house at the funeral.
Listen to this audio version.
Click the link below to study other Nkwen Language Lessons and more.
- When it Seems There is No Way Song
- Responsorial Psalm And Gospel For Seventh Sunday of Easter Year C
- Responsorial Psalm and Gospel For The Ascension of the Lord Year C
- Responsorial Psalm And Gospel For Sixth Sunday of Easter, Year C Psalms 67
- Responsorial Psalm And Gospel For Fifth Sunday Of Easter Year C
- A Recapitulation On Nkwen Language
- Aspects Of The English Language
- Audio Visual Version Of The Nkwen Language Handbook
- Blog Jesus My Lord And My God
- Categories List
- Content Page
- Education For All Podcast
- Forms Of Poems
- General Knowledge Revision Quiz
- Gospel Readings in Nkwen Language For Year B
- Inspired Writings and Formation Talks
- Mathematics Made Simple
- Music Album And My Mix
- My Family Portfolio
- Nkwen Language Lessons
- Poems About Life
- Prayers And Reflections
- Responsorial Psalm Chants For Sundays And Feast Days
- Some African Dishes And Ingredients
- Stories That Bring Great Impact On Life