The /j/ sound is a voiced sound in Nkwen Language which is found mostly at the medial positions in some words. Below are examples of such words and a text on the /j/ sound.
ә̀jyә → a feast
ǹjì → hungar/a name (m)
Ǹjìngàŋә → a name (f)
àjì → an omen
ǹjya → soup
ǹjyә̌ → a fine
àjìjìˀì → a germ that enters the soles of the feet.
Nә̀wo tiˀi әjyә ngùˀu mә̀karә wǐ. Boŋә ǹjì kakә ŋu adiˀi nәwo bu zaŋә mbәˀәma bә nә ŋgha mәjyә wu àmbwo ŋù ntsә̀mә̀. Bә̀ bâtsә ghasә әdiˀi a diˀi nәwo susu. Bwo jyә mәjyә bwo bǔ nkwεrә mâtsә nniŋә әbàa bwo, ŋkә ku mәlaˀa mә nәwo tsεˀὲ mә̀tsә̀mә̀.
Funerals are feast nowadays. You can’t go hungry at a funeral because food is shared with everyone. Some people are a nuisance at funerals. After eating they would want to take some of the food home. They also move from house to house at the funeral.
Listen to this audio version.
Click the link below to study other Nkwen Language Lessons and more.
Gospel Of Third Sunday in Ordinary Time, Year C
Aspects Of The English Language
- When And How True Love Begins
- The Solemnity of the Most Holy Trinity, Year A
- Maps of Continents of the World
- The Unconditional Love Of God For Us
- Common Dangers Of Love or Common Pitfalls Of Love
- A Recapitulation On Nkwen Language
- Aspects Of The English Language
- Audio Visual Version Of The Nkwen Language Handbook
- Basic Mathematics
- Blog Jesus My Lord And My God
- Bo Be Nka’a Project
- Categories List
- Education For All eBOOKs
- Education For All Video Playlist
- Forms Of Poems
- General Education For All Content Page Content Page
- General Knowledge Revision Quiz On History, Geography, and Sciences for kids 4 through 12
- General Knowledge Revision Video Playlist. General Knowledge Quizzes for Elementary Scholars.
- Gospel Readings in Nkwen Language For Year B
- Great Things That Matter For All.
- Inspired Writings and Formation Talks
- Inspiring Stories About Life
- Music Album And My Mix
- My Family Portfolio
- Nkwen Language Lessons And Podcast
- Official Video of The Perpetual Profession of Sister Yvonne M T
- Personal Prayers For Self-improvement
- Poems About Life – Different Forms Of Poems
- Prayers And Reflections
- Proverbs And Words Of Wisdom For Daily Guidance And Self-counselling For April
- Proverbs And Words Of Wisdom For Daily Guidance And Self-counselling For May
- Responsorial Psalm Chants Audio Playlist
- Responsorial Psalm Chants For Sundays And Feast Days
- Sister Yvonne’s First And Final Profession Celebrations
- Some African Dishes And Ingredients
- Speaking in Nkwen Language
- Wise Sayings for Each Day in Nkwen Language
2 thoughts on “The /j/ sound in Nkwen Language”